Jessie Burnside Memorial Art Show and Sale Rules and Online Application
FOR MORE INFORMATION
regarding the Jessie Burnside Memorial Art Show and Sale, please contact us.
Massey Area Museum
150 Sauble Street
P.O. Box 237
Massey Area Museum Curator Carolyn Hein
PRINT OFF AND DELIVER/MAIL AN APPLICATION FORM
ART SHOW POLICIES
1. Art entered in the art show will be grouped into the following twelve (12) categories:
2. All art should be brought into the museum between August 1st and 6th .
3. Because of limited gallery space, artwork displayed on the wall must not exceed an area of 784 square inches, (1,991.4 square cm). These dimensions include the frame.
4. Artwork must be mounted and wired for hanging.
5. Artwork that has been shown in previous Jessie Burnside Memorial Art Shows will not be accepted.
6. All artwork must be original. Neither kits nor numbered prints will be accepted.
7. Paintings that have not been painted on a flat surface, such as paper, Masonite or canvas, will be considered 3 –dimensional art.
8. Enhanced Photograph is for photographs that have been digitally altered, filtered or collaged. If the subject matter is no longer recognizable as a photograph, please enter it into the Digital Art category; this is for all artwork created with the help of a computer.
9. Judging of art is done throughout the duration of the show by public vote and ribbons and prizes will be awarded accordingly. Voting ceases at noon Friday August 26, 2016.
10. For those who wish to have their artwork sold, the Massey Area Museum will sell it for a commission of 20%. Artists may collect money for sold art after payment has been received by the museum.
11. All entries MUST remain hanging until 4:00 pm on the final day of the show – August 28th .
12. All unsold art may be picked up during museum operating hours from August 29 – September 2.
13. All artists entering the Jessie Burnside Memorial Art Show must agree to follow art show policies.