We are excited to announce that we will be holding the 38th Annual Jessie Burnside Memorial Art Show and Sale again this year. Due to Covid, the show will run online from August 5th to September 5th, 2021.
We have waived all limits on the number of sizes of your art pieces this year.
Submissions are due at 4:00pm on July 31st, 2021.
We cannot wait to see your art!
2021 FEATURE ARTIST: Jason Rainville
"Jason Rainville is a freelance fantasy and sci-fi illustrator from Massey. His work has appeared in role-playing games, trading card games, and book covers.
His art infuses fantasy with an historical and/or mythological feel, striving to evoke scenes that are larger than life in grand but subtle ways. Mystery, surprise, revelation, fear, camaraderie and loss are among the diverse themes prevalent in his work. A strong narrative, character moments, a solid sense of form and sometimes formal composition play a large part in many of Jason's pieces."
-Original Magic Art
MASSEY AREA MUSEUM
38th ANNUAL JESSIE BURNSIDE MEMORIAL ART SHOW & SALE
ART SHOW POLICIES
1. Art entered into the show will be grouped into the following twelve (12) categories:
-Digitally Enhanced photography
-Young artists (9-16 years)
-Young artists (8 and under)
2. All art should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31st. Art will be attached as an image file of any format to an email containing a filled-out application form.
3. Artwork that has been shown in previous Jessie Burnside Memorial Art Shows will not be accepted.
4. All artwork must be original. Neither kits nor numbered prints will be accepted.
5. Paintings that have not been painted on a flat surface (paper, Masonite, canvas, etc.) will be considered 3-Dimensional Art.
6. Enhanced Photography is for photographs that have been digitally altered, filtered, or collaged. If the subject matter is no longer recognizable as a photograph, please enter it into the
Digital Art category. This is for all artwork created with the help of a computer.
7. Judging of the art is done throughout the duration of the show by public vote; ribbons and prizes will be awarded accordingly. Voting ceases at noon September 5th.
8. For those who wish to have their artwork sold, the Massey Area Museum will sell it for a commission of 20%. Artists may collect money for sold art after payment has been received by the Museum.
9. All artists entering the Jessie Burnside Memorial Art Show must agree to follow policies.
FEATURED ARTISTS FROM PAST ART SHOWS:
2021- Jason Rainvillle
2020- May Cameron
2018- Montana Brandow
2017- Janice Innocente
2016- Theresa Minter
2015- Patricia Drohan
2014- Andrew Commanda
2013- Anne Laidlaw
2012- Laval Bouchard
2011- Roger Berton
2010- Bruce Indoe
2009- John Kumala
2008- Steve John
2007- May Cameron
2006- John Knox
2005- Joe & Paulette Houle
2004- Wendy Schroeder (Nee Withers)
2003- Carol Wessel
2002- Laura Kenedy (Nee Massicote)
2001- Mary Dillen
2000- Nancy Mallioux
1999- Dondelda Houle
1998- Merle Canjar
1997- Bryna Steinke
1996- Linda Duke
1995- Judith Ann McDowell & Vane E. Webb
1994- Mary-Anne Secord
1993- Phylis Mandgo
1992- Lozia Daoust
1991- Leona Rivers
1988- June Carter
1987- Gerline Caldwel
1986- Diane Enail
1985- Linda Day
1984- Linda Finn
1983- Laval Bouchard
If you have questions, please don't hesitate to contact us via email or phone at (705) 865-2266.